The relationship between employee and employer is quite complex and changes all the time as does the legislation that governs it. Dixon Quinlan Solicitors LLP are flexible and dynamic on our approach to these challenges and will assist our client’s in dealing with an all and any issues that arises, whether that is in an employee or an employer’s context.
Although the relationship is governed on a contractual basis the employer – employee relationship is controlled and shaped by a plethora of legislation that has implications on the agreements and terms which can be in place between the relevant stakeholders.
Employees have many remedies and venues in which they can assert their rights if the requirements of the Acts governing employment are not adhered to correctly by employers.
We can advise on all areas of employment law for both employees and employers;
For the Employer we can;
- Draft contracts or improve existing contracts of employment including key clauses such as restrictive covenants and post termination obligations
- Review existing workplace policies and procedures to ensure compliance with recent legislation
- Defending workplace grievance, disciplinary issue or a bullying and harassment issues
- Extensive experience in dealing with dismissals from an employer perspective
- Advice on defending Employment Equality and Discrimination Issues.
- How to handle complaints of workplace bullying, harassment, and sexual harassment
- Obligations on Fixed Term, Part Time, and Agency Workers
- Dealing effectively with Sick Leave and Stress Leave issues
- Managing Disciplinary issues effectively including Workplace Grievances
- Managing Electronic Communications Policies in the Workplace
- Extensive experience in defending claims in the Workplace Relations Commission
If you have any queries in relation to Employment Law and how it might apply in your current situation, please do not hesitate to contact us for a consultation.